Counselling Workshops & Training
We offer a variety of Corporate and Community Workshops and Training at Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph Wellington:
Conflict Resolution Skills
- Stress regulation
- Emotional and behavioural control
- Listening skills
- Respecting differences
- Approaches including assertiveness, negotiation, compromise, and consensus building
- Looking forward and planning for what you want to do
- Emotional preparation for retirement
- Couple/relationship considerations
EAP Managers Training
- Overview of EAP services
- Signs that an employee may need EAP support
- Offering support to an employee
Maintaining Balance While the World Spins
(Stress management and self-care)
- The nature of stress
- The nature of a crisis
- Strategies for handling anxious and difficult people.
- Self-care strategies for coping with stress.
Trauma in the Workplace
- What is trauma?
- The effects of trauma
- Building Resilience
Handling (Interpersonal) Challenges in the Workplace Participants
(Resolving employee conflict in the workplace)
- The roots of workplace challenges
- The pros and cons of five common strategies for dealing with workplace challenges
- Skills for dealing with challenges within the workplace
Balancing Work and Family Obligations
- Barriers to balancing work and family obligations
- Supports to balance work and home obligations
- Strategies for creating a work and home balance
Workplace Violence and Harassment (Bill 168)
- Defining workplace harassment and workplace violence
- How intimate partner violence may affect the workplace
- Strategies for creating a safe workplace.
Mental Health and the Workplace
- What is mental health and mental illness?
- Resources to support employees living with mental health issues
- Programs to promote good mental health to make people feel valued
Supporting an Employee’s Return to Work After a Leave
- The Challenges of Returning to Work
- Benefits of Returning to Work
- Role of the Manager/Supervisor
- How to support
- Successful return to work
Promoting a Positive Workplace
- Barriers to a positive work environment.
- Key characteristics of a positive (emotionally intelligent) workplace.
- Ways we can contribute to an emotionally intelligent workplace.
- Key strategies for promoting an emotionally intelligent workplace.
Recognizing and Responding to Signs of Substance Abuse (Management Training)
- Identifying the troubled employee
- Confronting the employee: Do’s and Don’ts
- Does work contribute to substance abuse?
- Making a referral to EAP